Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Victorious

So you're wondering how my date with V went last night?! Good. Because I'm going to tell you!

Having had so much practice with first dates, I normally don't get nervous. I tend to only get nervous about things if I'm not good at them, but first dates? I'm good at those. I'm a PD remember? So anyways...I have to admit...I was a little nervous. It kind of reminds me when I was taking a public speaking class and the Professor said the second you stop being nervous, you should stop public speaking because you've lost your spark. Well...looks like I can continue dating.

SO...we met up at a restaurant (public place Heather :) at 7. I got to pick, so I figured if anything at least I'd like the food. I won't go into complete detail, so here are a few highlights of the evening:

1. Stimulating conversation. Just sometimes I'd rather talk less about selling security systems and more about anything else. I was interested, intrigued, and not annoyed.

2. He brought me chocolates. Awwww (I can hear you) I know right?! We had had a conversation earlier about my favorite chocolates and he was thoughtful enough to have our waiter surprise me with them. I offered to share, but he declined, which I was secretly grateful for because I want to eat them all. ;)

3. We didn't leave the restaurant until 10. You heard me. That's 3 hours, which barely even felt like 1.

4. We ended up taking a drive up the canyon and continued this previously stated stimulating conversation. Finally made it home at 12. I'm exhausted. It was worth it.

So there you go. Start of something good? Maybe. Excellent first date? Yes.


On a side note, I have a little surprise that should be ready by the end of the week (I hope!) So stay tuned.

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That sounds like a GREAT first date, Bailey! I hope he calls again!

Jules AF said...

Yuuuuuuum chocolate.

Define Benjamin & Heather said...

that is so sweet about the chocolate. Just be careful. My friend bailey deserves the best - don't settle.

ChrisJCole said...

Yeah B!

I totally agree with Heather...My friend Bailey does deserve the BEST. It's awesome someone brought you chocolates...a point in my book :-) But keep your standards and don't settle for anyone that isn't the best for you :-)

Bailey said...

Come on people! Settle?! Me?! No way...

Organic Meatbag said...

Way to go girl...glad all went well!