Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Chocolate Milk

I love chocolate milk. I do. I think it's one of those vices that just makes life a little sweeter for me. But by chocolate milk...I don't mean just any kind. It needs to be Nesquik. It is very important to me. Generic just doesn't cut it and in fact it makes me angry to drink it- the opposite of the sensation I am looking for in the first place!


So what about the generic version of "love"? Not necessarily love in it's purest form, but the side effects- things like holding hands, snuggling (remember I hate the word cuddle), and even kissing. Sometimes it just feels good enough to drink the generic version of love with someone you aren't emotionally involved with and revel in it's side effects.


I can't choose when I get to fall in real love. Movie love will come and go, but real love...that's the Nesquik. It will be an incredible day when I can feel the love I've always wanted and hoped for, but in the mean time, sometimes I'll just have to deal with the generic...and sometimes even that can taste really good.

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Nesquik is delicious.

Jules AF said...

I want chocolate.

Heidi said...

I have been reading your past posts and love it! I recently went through a break up that rocked my world (and not the good kind of rocking!!!) and I just had some generic "love" and it was just what I needed! I hope this is the case for you.

ChrisJCole said...

Hey B -

There are so many aspects of love that some times it takes a while to get the right "mixture" in order to get the best tasting Nesquik, right? Sometimes experimenting is the best medicine of all.

Define Benjamin & Heather said...

I like the analogy.

Katrina said...

I loved this blog. :)

Organic Meatbag said...

Nesquik beats the hell out of over-rated Hershey's syrup...I mean, come on, the Nesquik bunny is all cool and coked up!