Friday, June 5, 2009

I'll read you

Last night I had dinner with my good friend P, Joanne, and Chris. J&C presented me with my very own "real" first ever book. It's a hardback that contains my first 100 posts of this blog. It truly is incredible. Holding it in my hands gives me a sense of accomplishment. I did this. I wrote these words. It's a high that I need to find again...good thing I'm starting my first book soon :)

I love blogging. It really is just a fancy word for keeping a journal. As I was looking through the pages, I could just see the changes I've made so clearly. I am different...I am better. Seeing where I've been as opposed to having only a flicker of memories makes me appreciate so much more the design and shape my life has taken.

Writing has such a tangibility that everyone should experience in their life. Although you may not think so, people want to read your story. Your life is interesting because it doesn't belong to anyone else. I want to read who you are.

6 comments:

Bailey said...

If you have a blog...just leave a comment with your url! I want to read you :)

Mallory said...

wow B, that was really nice of your friends. and so cool! :)

Erin said...

Oh my gosh! Are you kidding me?? That is so SO thoughtful of them!! For lack of a better word!! How nice!!

Jules AF said...

That is so cool of them. Wow!

Define Benjamin & Heather said...

defineheather.blogspot.com

ChrisJCole said...

That's right Bails! You're in print now...Isn't it totally cool to see you're name in print? To see your work published?

C