Saturday, June 13, 2009

My turn!

I have a movie lust crush. It's true.

This is how it happened.

My super sweet friend Heather and I decided to hit up the Kelly Clarkson concert Thursday night. It was amazing. She is lovely. While we were waiting for Kelly, there were 5 bands/People that played 1 song each as part of a Utah's got talent type thing. The band that won is called Imagine Dragons. While the final prep steps for Kelly were happening, a super cute boy came up to Heather and I and gave us a flier about Imagine Dragons performing at a local club the next night. I didn't have plans...he was cute...I was so there.

So last night...I decided to do it. I was going to find him and I was going to talk to him.

I was nervous. When I was younger this was no big deal. I would go up to guys all the time and even ask them out. Then, after a few failed relationships I decided to just let them come to me. If they were interested, they could do the work, and if they weren't it saved me a lot of heart ache. BUT, he was too cute for me not to do anything about.

So first, I made friends with the merchandise people, who also happened to manage the band. I told them about said cute boy, and they jumped at chance to help me find him. After a couple hours, and leaving Velour (club) to go to Sammy's (different club) and coming back, I gathered the courage. He was right next to me. I wanted to say Hi but one of the opening bands would not end their song! It felt like forever! But it ended...deep breaths...and I did it.

Turns out he is even more cute after talking to him. Sometimes it definitely doesn't work out that way! Imagine Dragons even helped me out by playing a slow song and suggesting we slow dance. Perfect. Then, the end of the night came. Goodbye cute boy. Oh but wait...he asked for my number!!

This could be the start of something good...or just a movie lust crush. Either way...it's fun to feel butterflies :)

3 comments:

ChrisJCole said...

Yay B!

I hope he turns out to be more then just a "cute guy." I am so glad to see you back in the dating scene...or is it a game?

C

Define Benjamin & Heather said...

aw cute story. sometimes its just fun to just have a movie crush and like someone for the sake of liking someone. aw. and by the way, it was sweet. give me some advice to my new movie crush please? lol

Courtney J said...

Hey the lead singer of that band was on the same mission and my sister Meagan, they are so good:)