Sunday, June 21, 2009

I've got time on my hands

One of the biggest mistakes people can make with regards to romantic relationships is rushing into them. I've been guilty of this. I would meet someone and we would run full speed spending every day together and it would just turn into this serious thing before I could even say "I'm afraid of commitment."

I think at the beginning we create the person we think we are with. We don't have the reality of who they are, as we haven't spent much time with them, so we fill in the blanks with whatever wonderful, incredible, beautiful qualities we decide they have. In my case, I spent years not being able to completely let go of someone because I loved him. I didn't think I'd find that love again with someone so amazing. Then one day, it hit me. I created who he was. He wasn't this patient, loving, kind and sensitive person I had decided he was. Maybe he possessed those qualities, but not near in the percentage I was determined to believe he had.

My solution is just giving it time. There are so many unknowns and there is no rush to dive into a situation that could potentially be more trouble than it's worth.

On a side note: I've been so happy lately! What a great feeling! Loving life has rocked my world.

The End.

3 comments:

ChrisJCole said...

Amen Sister!

Had I have known this earlier...I wouldn't have been stupid enough to marry wife#1...oh well live and learn right??

Kristina P. said...

I'm so glad that things are going so well!

Define Benjamin & Heather said...

I think about this all the time.