Friday, June 19, 2009

So Live your Life

Growing up and dealing with a few heart breaks I wondered what it meant to be emotionally healthy and "mature" through it all. It seemed like my world would crumble when my relationships would end and I would be sent through a twister of pain and such deep sadness that I wasn't sure I would ever feel the same. Even when I was the one that initiated the breaking up!

These past couple years I think I've learned how to accept the pain of not having a significant other and acknowledging that it's there. I think this is important. This is a part of my life and I can't change it and it hurts. But that's where it needs to end.

We can't live our lives dwelling on what could be or should be. My life is meant to be lived and when I wrap myself into a blanket of memories and wonder what I could have done differently, I'm only stifling my progression to happiness.

Living in fear (or the past) does nothing but suffocate the potential for beautiful life experiences. It is OK to be sad. It is OK to take time to mourn the loss of someone that can no longer be a part of your life. It happened. But eventually, we need to get back up. Pick up what is left and start being the people we were meant to be.

There just isn't enough time to sacrifice our potential for feeling alive!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I feel the same way! I'm excited to just focus on me for awhile and enjoy being me. I understand the frustration and tears that come from not having that significant other to share your life and dreams with. But I want to happy no matter what and I think you have to focus on that and keep making goals and keep movign forward. I'm planning a cruise for this winter, you should come!

Define Benjamin & Heather said...

aw man! last night and this morning I have been doing this! thanks! I needed a wake up call!

Katie Jane said...

Well said.

ChrisJCole said...

Very well Put B! Focus on yourself for a bit...give yourself a dating break! Remember the rest of your life is still "Unwritten" as the saying goes.

C