Friday, February 27, 2009

Blah blah blah, I'm so cool

It's been a great day. Nothing truly spectacular happened, but I've been completely productive every minute and will not feel guilty taking a nap after work. I even had the courage to talk to some people I didn't know today. And by talk I mean more than just say hi, like have a real conversation. Does everyone else in the world have no problems with this? Maybe I'm the only one that feels a little weird and kind of like a creeper for just going up and talking to someone. If I wasn't so self absorbed maybe I'd realize other people have those reservations as well ;)


Something I forgot to mention, and by forgot, I mean wasn't sure I wanted to post about- I'm having breakfast tomorrow with a boy. I've been out to lunch with him before, totally blew him off to hang out valentines day, but I've decided to stop being stupid and just be his friend. What do I have to lose ya know? He doesn't seem like my "type" as far as dating goes, but like I said in my last post, maybe I haven't even met my type...hence my singleness! So...yeah. I guess we can call him P. (I looked forever for a post where I actually explain that I give letters to the boys I date instead of using their real names, but I couldn't find one! So....FYI...letters=boys...in case you're new :)


Finally.... I know you've been on the edge of your seat waiting...a new Reason to Run!:


10. If he only talks about himself, he doesn't need to hang out with you!







I hate when this happens. I try and get to know people when I'm out, but let's be honest, the easiest thing to talk about is ourselves because it's what we know. But at the least it's polite to let the other person talk for a second. I get bored when guys go on on on and on about their summer sales adventures (oh, stereotypes, you're the best).





Happy Dating...and Happy Friday!!!!!!



3 comments:

Jules AF said...

It depends on what I'm doing when someone tries to talk to me. I was studying at the airport and some girl tried to talk to me, and I totally got irritated and blew her off.... Just depends.

ChrisJCole said...

B -

You know I have problems with said issue. In fact JoAnne pointed out something today I never noticed. When I talk to a stranger or someone I don't feel comfortable around I don't look at them when I am talking to them but when I am talking to friends I can look at them. Strange huh? Think it's part of anxiety?

Good luck with breakfast.

C

Kristina P. said...

That guy isn't as hot as my exboyfriends, but close.