Monday, February 9, 2009

Peace and Love, Man

I HATE myself for not having time to update!

Ok, so this weekend: good, but not great. I actually ended up hanging out with O, but to be honest it was more frustrating than anything for me. It's clear that he has some lingering feelings about another chick. I'm ok with that. No matter how horrible the other person is, or how bad they treat you in the end, you can't just turn off those feelings like a faucet. You need to time to recuperate and put pieces of your broken heart back together. I get it. I've been there. My request is just for people to take care of those problems first. I've totally jumped into relationships WAY too soon after some of my most serious ones ended and it was absolutely the wrong thing to do. I think parts of us will always be with them, but if you are still wishing and hoping and thinking every day about them- that needs to be dealt with before you move to someone else. I'm down to be friends...but that means exactly that! Be my friend! I think sometimes guys are freaked out about sending wrong signals, but that wouldnt be a problem if you just talked about it right? Yes Bailey, you're so smart.

I've just realized that I don't want to be a poor man's Ashley, or a poor man's Brittany, or a poor man's Megan, etc. I want someone to appreciate ME, and I think it's ok to want that. I know I've learned from doing that to people in my past. They didn't deserve for my thoughts to linger on someone else when I was committed to that relationship. I will try my best not to do that to anyone, and I hope for the same in return.

The thing I want the most right now is just to have drama free relationships. And I mean relationships in any capacity, not just romantic. I want to have open and honest communication without making such a huge big deal about everything. It's possible! I know it is! So current and future friends, I'll do my best to be chill if you promise too :)

I'll get back to Reasons to Run tomorrow. Have a lovely Monday!


2 comments:

Jules AF said...

meeh my Monday was good until my client got irritated with me! Dangit!

Courtney J said...

I think you're forgetting that there are always 2 sides to a story.