Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Table for 1

As I sit here waiting for American Idol, I finally have some time to relax.

I just got back from dropping off something at my ex's place. Zack. I wasn't sure how this would be, but turns out I've done a lot of growing up. What is funny is that he seems exactly the same. In talking to him I just realized the way I respond to him and the things that he does has changed so much. I am more patient. ME! More PATIENT! I know right?! I didn't feel any bitterness of vindictive feelings. It really was a pleasant experience and I'm just grateful to be able to see a change in myself. I know we all hope we change and become better people, but the only gauge we have is the mirror we see ourselves in from other people. Which clearly cannot always be reliable.

I think maybe sometimes people read this and think that I claim to be this great and awesome person and perfect at everything I think people should do. Nothing could be farther from the truth. It's ridiculous how many mistakes I make, knowingly and unknowingly. I just try my best to try my best.

Whenever things start to slow down in my normally fast paced dating life, magically I meet some random person in an unexpected way. I'm waiting for the unexpected I guess :)

Today's Reason to Run:

7. If he stands you up, or "forgets" you had plans, feel free to give him a second chance, but don't expect much.





If it happens early on, better believe it will happen again. And guess what? It will probably happen often. We deserve a guy who can remember he has a super hot date and appreciate that!


Happy dating!


P.S It's been a super horrible day. Send love my way!

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Wow, you are much nicer than I would be! I don't know how forgiving I would be about being stood up.

Jules AF said...

Yeah you don't get second chances in my world.

Bailey said...

oh, no way I would! I'm just sayin...lol

Justin Nixon said...

Hi, i saw your comment from Megan Bowns blog. She is a good friend of mine. You seem like an interesting girl with a lot to say. 3 blogs? dang. We should be friends :)
I would never forget about a date with a girl i was interested in. If i did then i deserve to be "Nexted".

Cody said...

Wow that American Idol was dedicated to me. I feel great about that. Thanks for the phone call btw. You are kind of a Chard today. If you are sad this weekend you should drop Berkeley and I a line. We will be puppy sitting Fiona and Basil. It will be fun. We love you.