Thursday, February 5, 2009

Wait, What?!

As I was driving to work today I finally realized what I've become.....an adult.

When did this happen?! All at once I realized I have a car, I have bills, I have tuition and books, I have responsibilities, and I have a dating life! Ah! Where have I been the last 22 years?! It's a little bit disheartening to know I wont ever have any time back. All the parts of me that I was are gone and all the parts of me today will fade in time. It's not totally horrible. Sometimes it can be fun knowing I've made this life for myself. A life that I can generally be proud of. About time I realized it I guess huh?

So...not much contact with O. I really believe that he isn't into playing games, which almost is worse because if he wanted to text or call, he would! Ha. Who am I to complain though? I've stated numerous times recently that I am looking to date casually (which is probably a lie, because the right person can change anything). So I only have myself to blame. I'm probably over thinking this and tomorrow I'll be done being weird about it. Sigh.

As I'm typing this, I just had a conversation with a friend...and now I think my perspective has changed on all of this. Hm, I don't really think I want to blog about it, but just know I'm confused slash irritated.

5 comments:

Jules AF said...

I hate being an adult too. boooo

Brookie said...

I love the picture of the little girl.... it looks like fancy!!! where did you get it?

ChrisJCole said...

B -

I see your eyes are now open! Welcome to the crappy world we call adulthood. Bills, work...yeah all suck. Sometimes we live in a fantasy world where life is good and that makes us things through a glass darkly.

It's not a big change for some...I remember when my mom had cancer and I had to be her nurse. I think that's when I truly felt like an adult. Sometimes it just hits us ya know?

The one cool thing about your blog has been seeing how your feelings, views, and attitude towards things have evolved. B...for the record when I met you, you did come across as a "young adult" (well we are all still YAs) but I am amazed at the progress you have made.

Casual dating is good...just look until you find love. It may come quickly or it may not. I remember a guy from my singles ward who didn't get married until he was in his 30s! But of course he wasn't as cute or had an awesome personality as you. But it's not that bad...my dad married at 30. My mom was about 25 or so. They were blissfully (well if you asked my mom she would say until I came along...lol) married for 24 years. When my mom died a part of my dad died with her. But the bond of their love is so strong he still considers himself married.

My advice: Live like you are going to die tomorrow. Be proud of what you have done. Continue to make friends and I promise you, that love will find you.

Amanda said...

I am only going to leave one comment because I realize as a 37 year old married woman with four kids I am probably not your target audience. ;-)

You are so young yet! Don't worry about how old you are getting. Enjoy it! Life gets even better in your 30's - SERIOUSLY! I feel more confident in my size 14 body at 37 than I did at size 6 at 25.

Men do tend to play games, but as they get in their late 20's and early 30's they wise up. Like the previous commentor said, enjoy your life, make good friendships and you will find the "one."

Wishing you all the best!

Cody said...

Shar Dh!