Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Mini-Post!

First off, I just want to thank all of you....my readers! I am so glad you enjoy my writing and continue to read! I feel like there is so much support from all of you and it really helps when I feel like I'm on my own. So big THANKS to you all!!

I've been really stressed today. All of a sudden I'm becoming more and more worried about settling down. I worry that when I do, I'll regret not making the most of the situation I'm in now. It seems like I have so much I want to do that I can basically only do on my own, but then there's this side of me that wants to have a family and be the quintessential American family. Why am I so nervous about this all of a sudden?!

Just needed to get some thoughts out into the universe...I promise to update soon on the chaos that is my dating life; lots to share!!

Peace and love!

2 comments:

Jules AF said...

Lie down and take a nap. That's made me feel muuuuchhh better.

ChrisJCole said...

B -

Don't get all worried over settling down. You my friend have time, you are young...live it up. Some times I think one of the things we learn in directly as that you have to be really young when you get married (Especially women).

I got married at 22 and in some ways I regretted it as there was a lot I wanted to do on my own as well. So as a friend and someone who has been through a divorce let me off you some advice although I'm not that much older :-)

First make sure he IS the one. Not that just meets your standards but pray about it and make sure he's up to the Lord's as well. You are a young, vibrant, beautiful woman and I know you will find "the one."

Do what you want to do as a single woman first. FInish school, take a world tour, whatever. The big things and then you can work the small things in your marriage.

Finally listen to the spirit...let him guide you on your path.

I never told you this but one of my favorite apostles was Neil A. Maxwell. I actually cried when he died. One quote that I always remember is this "Worry - like Parkinson's proverbial law - tends to expand to fill the time available." So don't let it totally fill your mind.

You are a strong and worthy person :-)

C