Monday, January 26, 2009

Do YOU kiss on the first date?

Ok, I really need to get my act together and update this thing!!

So this past week:

1. Went to the BBQ at B's place. Not exactly what I was expecting, being that the girl to guy ratio was at least 2 to 1. Not to worry, I made the best of it and had a good time with old friends and making new. Oh, and P.S. 10 minutes into it a guy I dated walks in! What?! He was never on the list; I started this blog post him. His story though...we went out on a first date and he asked if he could kiss me and I said no. Guess who didn't call me again? Ha ha. Love it.

2. 80's dance party was just what I needed. Had a good time dancing my little heart out and it was good to see L again. We do have fun together. I still have so many reservations regarding him; not really sure what that is about. Regardless, as I've said in the past, I appreciate our friendship.

3. Game night at Alanna's was the bomb.com! Super cute boys there! There was one I would totally be down with but lets be honest, he is probably a 10 where I would consider myself more of a 7. So don't really have any expectations there, but had such a fun time playing games and really enjoying the company. I think times like those I don't feel so lonely.

I've really been trying to put myself out there and invite people to things I'm going to and I do feel it's done me some good. I'm beginning to learn how important relationships are in general, as opposed to putting so much emphasis on romantic relationships. Don't get me wrong, getting married is still on the top of my list of things I want the most, but I'd rather wait for the right person than rush with the wrong one.

Last but not least, today's Reason to Run:

3. If he is super sexy, but you can see through one ear and out the other, probably a good idea to get super tired and go home.


As much as we love man candy, you can't base a relationship on those amazingly straight teeth and perfect eyes. His chiseled abs will fade eventually and you don't want to be stuck with a has-been who doesn't know anything about anything. It's important to be attracted to him, of course, but looks aren't everything!


Happy Dating!

3 comments:

Jules AF said...

I've made out with guys without even dating them, so I should probably say yes, I do kiss on the first date.... haha

Jules AF said...

Not that I recommend doing what I did.... Meeh it never turned out that badly. :)

ChrisJCole said...

B -

Okay so here is your comment...lol

I am glad that you a focusing on finding more friends...I totally wish I could do that. As I said to you today, love comes at weird times...when you least expect it. I have seen many people who look for love and never find it until they stop looking. I know it sounds weird but it works.

Keep your head up :-)