Sunday, January 18, 2009

Not a plan B girl!

My date with letter M started off a little unconventional. First, he wrote down my address wrong and ended up in a field. Is it bad that I thought that was kind of funny? :) So, after a phone call and some direction, we were off to dinner. The wait was about 45 min. We went to Wingers at the Provo Mall, so we decided to walk around for a bit.

I don't think I've ever pretended to be married and pick out couches at a boutique in the mall on a first date. A little strange, but fun! We had a chance to talk and get to know each other a little bit and ignore the "Please don't lay on the Furniture" sign. Sometimes rules are made to be broken!

So then we went to dinner. We had some good conversation. It wasn't anything intense, mostly just a little bit of getting to know you type stuff and some joking here and there. I tried to be my normal, hilariously charming self (not sure of my success, but whadya gonna do?)

After dinner he told me he usually has two plans for a date. A, is going to dinner. And B, if he doesn't think he is interested, he takes her to a movie. I guess so they don't have to talk? I dunno. So guess what we did?! Movie!! Ha ha, but before we freak out...he told me his little brother wanted to double at the movie and he'd said yes before he even got to know me. He also stated that the fact he told me about said plan B is proof that he didn't really consider me a plan B date. I assumed as much, but I'm not a very good assumer!

So the movie was good and we talked on the way home. I decided to invite him in but gave him the option to leave as it was around midnight. He came in and stayed for an hour. We talked for awhile but he was clearly getting tired so I told him he should get to bed. I think he was stoked on that idea.

All in all, I had a great time. He was funny, and we know how important that is to me, he was polite, he gave me his jacket 3 times outside! and he seemed to really be making an effort to get to know me. So....anyone have any idea why I haven't heard from him at all? I text him today, with a text that didn't require a response, and he did respond, but that was short lived. Honestly, I don't want to read into this too much. It's exhausting trying to evaluate every little thing. If he calls, he calls, if he doesn't, not the end of the world right? I guess it would just be nice to know like right now ha ha. Ah, the joys of dating! I guess to send some good vibes into the universe.....I would love to go out with him again!! Hopefully my next post will be a happy one :)

1 comment:

Jules AF said...

I also find it funny, don't worry.