Monday, January 12, 2009

This Round is on Me

What is interesting about today is that I can truly say I am not ready to commit myself to a relationship. When I've said that in the past, I lied. A small part of me was still like awww boyfriends and love yay! But today? Or even this past week I just do not want any part of it.

It's a big deal you know. Relationships are a lot of work and a lot of effort. How do people my age even have time for them? And by people my age I mean people who are actually going to school and working- as opposed to our favorite over-tanned bottle blond daddy's girl who is only here to find a med school student to marry. Really, how can I be expected to keep up my GPA, become employee of the month, and THEN go home and make sure my man is up to par with his shiz?! Pass.

Maybe it's because I've been occupied socially recently that I'm learning to be less reliant on my desires to have a romantic relationship. Whatever the case, I'm all about homework these days. To be honest I feel better about myself NOT being in a relationship. I know it sounds a little opposite, but I worry less. I worry less about having perfect hair, perfect skin, perfect shoes, perfect cute butt jeans. I mean...I'm not going to let myself walking around looking like I do when I first wake up, but the pressure just seems to be less.

So for at least today, cheers to being single.