Monday, January 5, 2009

Oh Happy Day

Well, I'm feeling much better today. Not even freaking out that it's a complete snow storm outside, I'm back to work, I'm again single, and school starts Wednesday. I'm actually excited!!

So a couple things I wanted to say about this past week- I had such a great time with the Hills. My cousin Berkeley married Cody Hill, and I stayed with his family this past week. I loved being able to get to know such a wonderful family, and seeing such a different relationship dynamic that I'd never seen before in Cody's parents, Jimbo and Gail. I appreciate the love they have for each other and their family. I love that they have their little moments where they don't quite get along, but at the end of the day they are happy with each other. I'm grateful for the opportunity to have experienced a different life.

I also had a couple of dates post break up while I was in California, promise to post more on that later.

In keeping my promise to write a little more than just about my ridiculous roller coaster relationships, here are some things you may not know about me:

1. I did a semester abroad in London, England summer of 2005 studying Art History. Loved it. Need to go back as soon as possible. I've decided if I'm single when I graduate I will move there for a year.
2. I was a ballroom dancer for 10 years. I won countless trophies and medals in team and individual competition. In 2002, I won a national championship in the Jr. American dances. One of the best moments of my life.
3. I was adopted. As are all of my brothers and sisters.
4. I have my Associates degree in General Academics from Utah Valley University. I also have a 3.62 GPA. I'm proud of that- school is hard!
5. I'm only 5'1. I was 4'11 until I was about 16, then got a couple more inches as the next couple of years passed. So, until 16, I was technically considered a midget.

Hope your post holiday back to real life day is going as well as mine!

3 comments:

Jules AF said...

Wow! You are little! I was 5'7" when I was 13! (Then I never grew again. Well, unless you count my boobs haha.)

April said...

You are so interesting it's disgusting. I hate myself now...thanks a lot! No really, those are some SWEET facts!

Nice blog! Can't wait to read more!

Bags said...

Better to be single and happy than taken and miserable...