Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Background, New Letters

Obviously my blog is undergoing a little bit of construction. Please excuse its lack of awesome today.

Today was the first day of school...not bad, not bad at all. Excited for the semester, especially the class where I'm required to blog...What!? I know right?! So if you feel so inclined, that blog can be found here: overageandunderpaid.blogspot.com. It is purely for collegiate purposes, but who knows, it could end up being interesting.

So, need to update on the boy situation a little. No more J, so we move onto K. I met K close to the time I started this blog- he just didn't make it in time. But he is back and took me out while I was in California. We had a really fun date which included a Ducks game (Hockey) and a late dinner from Jack in the Box. Had a good time and was grateful for a break from time spent wallowing in my sorrows.

I also was able to meet a long time friend whom I'd met online 4 years ago. So weird...believe me, I know. Especially back then being 18 and so naive...we should be lucky he wasn't a murderer. So anyway, I got to meet him! He happened to be in California about 45 minutes away and made the drive just so we could say hello. We almost struggled for things to talk about, but glad to have met him none the less.

So last night...I had a date with L. I met L via facebook, but I already knew who he was, for reasons I may or may not explain later. We went to the BYU basketball game and had court side seats (awesome) then went to his house for the weekly event known as "Dance Party" (also awesome). I felt like I was free to by myself which I very much appreciated. I'm not sure we instantly hit it off on any sort of romantic level...but can you really know from one date?

That question has always plagued me. When it comes to dating and relationships I find myself in a constant state of anxiety. Being that I am diagnosed with clinical anxiety...I can't imagine it makes things much easier. I can never quite tell if it's my instinct slash conscience telling me what to do or my crazy imbalanced brain pushing buttons that should not be pushed. How can I tell the difference?

L and I have another "date" (not sure if it is a date, or just more of a hang out thing) scheduled for Friday. Should be a good time. Hopefully my anxiety won't decide to rear its ugly head that night.

5 comments:

Jules AF said...

Social anxiety: I had it. YUCK. I hate the feeling.... I don't know how to differentiate from normal anxiety.an

Julie said...

Hi Bailey--love the new look. GREAT photo :)
I am commenting because there's a typo in your side profile and since you started the college class blog I figure you had better have a head's up--it says 'in an marriage town' --or something like that, I'm not looking at it right now.
Happy Trails

Bags said...

Is your blogging class Errin Pedersen's COMM class?

Bailey said...

yes it is! have you taken her class?!

Bailey said...

Thanks Aunt Julie! Typo=Satan!