Saturday, May 2, 2009

Church day hey baby hey

This weekend has been good. I don't dread the weekends the way I used to when I was younger and single. I think I just need to make an effort and I'll have things to do, as opposed to just waiting for people to invite me to things.

I went to a movie with my little brother Friday night. It was perfect. Good movie and good company. It's just nice sometimes to be with people who you know exactly who and what you are. Putting on a mask and a happy face can be tiresome when I'm not 100% quite yet.

Tonight I went with Josh to dinner and then he was kind enough to come with me to some family things. Josh is the friend everyone needs. He fills in for any events when I don't have a boyfriend. I'm sure he doesn't know how much that means to me. But it means a lot.

I'm ready for church tomorrow. There is just something about being consumed in spirituality that is very uplifting. Then back to the real world. Which is fine. Just wish it didn't start at 7 am

2 comments:

Define Benjamin & Heather said...

aw good luck with it all. how old is your friend josh?

Katrina said...

I love friends like Josh and I agree that every girl needs one... A guy she can count on, whether she's single or attached, who doesn't have any ulterior motives. :) It's good to hear you're keeping busy, especially with your spiritual community.