Friday, May 8, 2009

Lucky me

In the past couple weeks I've talked to 2 friends from my past....they just got divorced. This is a trend I've been experiencing for the past year or so. Friends whose weddings I attended making the transition back into the single world they thought they would never know again.

I must say, as lonely as I get, as hard as it has been to end relationships, I would not trade that for having a marriage that didn't last.

These are good people. Good people who in some situations are divorced because of the actions of their partner. I am in no way making a judgment about anyone who is divorced. However, I would bet that none of them would have ever asked to go through a divorce.

I am lucky this is not a trial I have experienced...and hope more than anything not to experience.

4 comments:

Katie Schultz said...

I agree. Ben and I had some bad fights while we were dating, where we broke up three times- each time a month long, and I am so happy we went through the tough break ups before we were married, we have only had one fight like the dating days, since we have been married. (It had to do with Gus our dog, which was good that he was our guinea pig, before we had kids to scar.)

Jules AF said...

Divorce is quite sad! I'm glad none of my friends has had this happen to her!

Define Benjamin & Heather said...

good for you for looking at the bright side.

ChrisJCole said...

B - You are right. Divorce is an ugly, nasty thing as you may well know from my stories. And when I was single again, I loved it...but missed the love to ya know? One of my best friends just got a divorce from her husband. It's sad. Especially out here in Mormonville because Utah has such a high rate of divorce.