Thursday, May 28, 2009

Let's go fishing!

Alright people, there is still time to vote! And for all you boys out there who would never admit to reading my blog, make sure to vote :) I will be making my decision...in the future. Ha.


Ok..so couple things.


1. June 6 I have tentative plans. With a boy. More details to come. You'll enjoy this story.


2. Remember Reasons to Run? WELL, I have one today- but this one is for the guys. This came about when I was getting my nails done the other day and this chick was on her phone, making sure everyone could hear. From what I gathered, she was talking to some guy that she met online but hadn't met in person. Basically all I could get from it all is that she doesn't eat pork, but her friend Stacy loves it, but phone call guy loves pork and makes pork that doesn't taste like pork. Deep stuff huh? However, this is not the most annoying part. Which leads me to today's Reason to Run:


12. If your chick LOVES to fish for compliments- let someone else do the high maintaining.




Seriously though, she kept talking herself down so she could just hear him say how great she was. I don't know about you, but this is for sure one of my least favorite characteristics about people. I think it could be for two reasons, A. She has low self esteem. And in my personal opinion, you should love yourself first before you can fully love someone else or B. She really does need that validation which totally equals super high maintenance. So girls don't do it, and boys- feel free to have my permission to run.

4 comments:

Jules AF said...

Sigh. I need validation.

Kristina P. said...

I have an ex-friend who always did the fishing for compliments thing by complaining about her weight. She was a heavier girl, and would always mention how she needed to lose weight, waiting for us to tell her it was her imagination. We didn't. We would ignore her. She didn't like that very much.

Erin said...

Agreed! Agreed! Agreed!!

Define Benjamin & Heather said...

for sure. it is so annoying when people fish for compliments. usually i can tell the difference when someone really needs a boost or if they just want some fish.

but if they want some fish, i usually just say " to bad you feel that way about yourself" or something to that effect. ah. ha.

ps. if someone has a problem with themselves that can be changed. instead of complaining about it, they should go out and change. Because if it really bothered them they would change.