Monday, April 6, 2009

Baby bump

So S and I have a hit our first bump. It's a small one, but a bump nonetheless.

I think we just spent so much time together this week and weekend that it became slightly overwhelming. I think we both have been out of the whole relationship thing for so long that jumping in feet first without any floaties probably wasn't the best idea.

For me, I just am so used to being alone and getting things done when I feel like it. Now things need to be scheduled around someone else and it's just a little hard to adjust to. I realize I've become a little selfish in the year and a half I've spent on my own.

However, we have a really good open line of communication so I think if we continue to tell each other any issues we may have we can resolve them.

I know that I'm easily disenchanted. I hate that about myself. I'm such a realist that I can't even enjoy the butterflies in my stomach part of dating because I know it won't last. It makes me sad. But on the other hand, I know things won't always be happy and fluffy and I learn to deal with them.

Ultimately it's just a matter of time to see if we want to work out the differences we have. Maybe we are going through this for a reason and will become stronger in the end or will learn that we are great people, but maybe just not great together. Either way, I'm lucky to have such a great example of friendship, kindness, and charity- just to name a few.

1 comment:

Bags said...

At first I was like, "Baby bump? I didn't give her a baby bump... uh oh..."

But then I was like, "Oooooh, charity. That's cool." And I totally forgot about the baby bump.