Saturday, July 25, 2009

Love sickie

California has been fun and relaxing thus far with the exception of my being sick. It seems I'm always sick. However, I have had the luxury of being taken care of by wonderful (distant) family members.

I've been having somewhat of a pity party for myself and my ever present singleness lately. Most of the time, I acknowledge the pain, then move on in moments. This week has been slightly more difficult. I don't think I should spend my life wallowing in sorrows, especially when I cannot control the situation. I want to be positive, and the older I get the more I start to follow the "glass is half full" mantra. But alas...this week has been hard. I want to love and be loved. I imagine love will find me when I'm ready, but does that ease the pain of a lonely heart? Not at all.

I will say that I am happy I've become the person I have. I think so many people loose themselves in trying to fill voids in their hearts, but not me. Although digressing in love, I've progressed in other ways, and for that, I am grateful.

Life is good.

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm sorry you're sick, but glad you're around family!

Karen said...

I came across your blog when looking through April's portfolio. First off, LOVE the layout. Second, I know just what you mean. Only a few weeks ago I had my heart broken. It's hard, but I know somehow that I'll come out the better for it.

And I'm sorry that you're sick while you're here in California! That's just wrong!