Thursday, July 23, 2009

A crushing crush

I had a crush on a boy. It was exciting at first, but then turned not so exciting when my baby crush feelings weren't reciprocated. Or at least...I didn't feel like they were.

One of the most difficult parts of dating is the fact that we have to rely so heavily on the other person. Not necessarily to do things for us, I just mean in the way of feelings. The feelings must be reciprocated or a relationship can't even begin! And of course, knowing me, being out of control is something I tend to dislike. But so it is. I can't control anyone else and sometimes things just go in a different direction. Time to move on and find a reciprocator.

C'est La Vie.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Why does it seem like we fall so often for the strangers to reciprocity? I guess they say that it only takes one... But yes, finding someone to spend your existence with is more difficult than most things in mortality - it's completely dependent upon someone else's agency/feelings etc. It simply kinda sucks. Just sayin! :)

Heidi said...

I think what frustrates me the most is that I can't control love! Anything else in my life I can accomplish if I set my mind to it but with all the thought, effort and time I put into dating gets me no results! Arggggh. And then I try and focus on all the "other" things in my life and I stay busy and blah blah blah. What is the point of staying busy if its not what I really want? I'm still trying to figure this question out, sorry to be depressing.