Friday, July 17, 2009

And in this side of the ring...

So....should we talk about how awesome my new layout is?! I'd like to thank April for bringing my vision to life and then some! I'm in love with it- let me know what you think :)

In my previous posts we've talked about how I'm a complete paradox for various reasons. Today, we add another to the list. I have always proclaimed to hate change. Despise it. But now I've realized that I love it. Things in my life are constantly changing by my own doing. And yet....I also love security.

Especially in relationships I hate that uncertainty phase. I wish I knew what I wanted as much as I wish I knew what my significant other did. And so...in my commitment to change, I move on because I am uncertain.

Interesting how the one thing I can commit to is the one thing that keeps me away from commitment in relationships! I'm still convinced that I haven't quite met the person I am meant to be with...and maybe when I do, whatever is keeping me scared of taking the leap will fade. Oh... I truly hope so.

So what now? How will I ever win a constant battle between security vs. change? What side am I even on?! I'm sure I'm making things much more complex than they should be, which is also something I'm very good at.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Love it! I agree change is hard but it's also what keeps us moving forward and brings us all the excitement, drama, emotion and fun we need in our lives. It gives us reason to get up everyday, it's the anticipation and the surprise.

Jules AF said...

I hate change. The end.

Ana Steinagel said...

Bailey, I love your new blog layout and I love reading what you share.

Define Benjamin & Heather said...

you can still have stability/security with some changes.... Change is good as long as its for the better. We need to be changing constantly so we can grow and become christ like.

Stability and security should be part of all our lives. It gives us a sense of safety which is comfortable, but we do need to realize that when change comes we will stretch and magnify ourselves.

Angela said...

#1 love the new layout tres chic and adorable.
#2 I came up with a phrase regarding change awhile back... change is the path that leads to progress. Granted that would imply it has to be a "right" or good change. Change doesn't have to be so bad. Everything in its season. So they say :)