Monday, July 6, 2009

Gooooooaaaaaaallllllllllllllll!

I've had so much on my mind lately and have a laundry list of things I'd love to blog about. However, in the interest of keeping your attention I'll do my best to keep this short and sweet :)

V and I spent a lot of time together last week. It's been interesting getting to know him. Along with some other experiences this weekend, this has made me think about who people really are. Of course there are things people do and say that are a part of the person they've become. People have lists of accomplishments that we use to label them. But I think ultimately, we need to take the time to really get to the core of who someone is. I can go to Church every day of the week but that doesn't mean my actions are Christ-like, make sense?

So this weekend....I was supposed to go out with motorcycle guy right? WELL, turns out a person I've been wanting to spend some time with came into town and asked me out for Friday, to which I accepted. We will call him W :) So I had to cancel with motorcycle guy but I can't feel guilty- it was for a greater cause :) W took me to a Real Salt Lake soccer game on Friday night. This makes the second game of the season for me...because I love soccer so much. Orrr....not. We had a good time though (despite my ride being 2 hours late *angry glare*). This led to us spending the weekend together and getting to know each other. It was calm and cool, which I was very happy about. Maybe it was the fact that he was going back to Idaho (goes to school there) which kept my anxiety to a minimum, or maybe we just clicked. Who knows.

Either way, still not ready for commitment. Have I ever been? I'm just trying to build relationships and find out what I'm supposed to learn from them. I'm really working on getting to the point where I can completely control my thoughts and emotions. I highly doubt I'll ever accomplish that completely- but I find great benefit in trying to change the parts of me I feel are less than desirable. Life's a big test and I'm just trying to get an A.

5 comments:

Jules AF said...

Wait, is V the gym guy? I'm confused.

Bailey said...

Yep, V = Gym Guy

Kristina P. said...

So many hot men to choose from!!

Define Benjamin & Heather said...

I want to get an 'A' too! Man, it is fun to date a bunch of guys randomly but sometimes I am just in the mood to not date anyone- not even for fun.. blah... its all good. haha. good luck with all of that stuff.. and all your letters....ha. . .

Justin Nixon said...

I think i just figured your letter rating system out. The lower on the alphabet they are, the least interested in them you are, because you are looking for an A. Am i right? :) This is very cleaver.