Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I expect you to expect me to...

Today I want to direct you towards a couple blogs that I fell in love with. First, my blog friend Heidi for posting this. I love that she believes in finding the kind of love that miracles are made of. And second, Katrina for posting this. This is when love used to mean something! I've read it over and over and it gives me hope :)


I've been thinking a lot about the kind of expectations we should have of others. Some say that having any expectations will always lead to disappointment. But for me...there are some things I just can't sacrifice when it comes to my romantic relationships. I mean, I definitely expect my significant other not to murder me...which I really hope I will never be disappointed by. Some things though, mean just as much to me as not hooking up with a serial killer.



Is it ever OK to expect things of others? Will we always be dissapointed when they aren't? Will the expectations we have of others ever be met at all?


I hope that I am able to find someone that I can expect certain things from, and he from me. As long as he doesn't require me to camp....often :)

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I think you SHOULD have expectations. But I also think that you need to be willing to meet those expectations in yourself.

Bags said...

Amen Kristina. You stole the words out of my mouth.