Saturday, July 18, 2009

Above all things...

I wonder if sometimes people read this blog and walk away thinking how cynical I am. How I can't find a relationship that will work because I don't want it to.

But in reality? I want to be in love so much it hurts. From my broken strands of hair to the tips of my toes... I want it. With the exception of my relationship with God, I would give anything to have it. Every part of me longs for the hole in my heart to be filled, for the missing piece to find its fit. When I do find it, I wont ever let it go. I will do everything I can to hold on because love is a miracle.

I hope you are grateful for the love you have in your life. I hope you know there are people who envy you. Be in love. Love purely. Love patiently. Love with kindness.

Above all, don't ever let it go.

"If you love me only in my dreams, let me be asleep forever."
--Unknown

3 comments:

Jules AF said...

Nothing wrong with being cynical. I'm beginning to doubt marriage and if I ever want it; now THAT'S cynical!!!

April said...

I think everyone has something like that...and I never really realized that not everyone was a married mom! LOL So you made me grateful for my husband and our love.

But I WILL say, that I long for a baby as much as you long for love!

Heidi said...

We all long for something we don't have whether its love, children, a better job, or a newer car. But I'm like you, I want to find that love in my life so badly it hurts. I got some good advice from a friend the other day. She said love is like catching a butterfly; you can chase after it but the more you run and the more your try you will never catch it. But the minute you sit the butterfly will land on your shoulder. I have been trying to feel and act this way. However I think sometimes we have to sit for a very LONG time!