Friday, August 1, 2008

Excuse me, I'm what?

Well...My date with C ended up being really fun. I wasn't sure how we would get along being that we didn't know each other too well in high school and the only contact we have had is via Internet. However, the date ended up being better than expected. We played pool for awhile and then went to eat ice cream at Cold Stone. We had our ice cream outside and talked and eventually were the only two people left in the entire parking lot. Once we got to my place, he came in and we ended up talking for awhile longer. All in all- succesfull.

During the date, outside Cold Stone, I became incredibly self aware. I don't remember what he said or what we were talking about, but all of a sudden I could almost watch myself. I could see what I was doing and for the first time it became extremely clear why some people would be repelled by my behavior. The best word I could think of to describe it is intense. I think I come across and forward and aggressive. I ask questions, really try and get to the know the person- but finally after 21 years on this earth I can see it. I can see how I might be pressing too hard. Pushing for answers when maybe all I need to do is let them come to me. It's almost a painful realization, but I believe in change. I'm not sure which parts I want to change, but I think i'ts about time to reflect on that.

1 comment:

Cherice said...

Hey you cute girl. I found your blog off Mals blog. Email me at cherice_magleby@hotmail.com so I can send ya an invite to our blog. We love ya hon.