Saturday, August 23, 2008

One step closer to Z.

Yesterday at 4:00 pm I was dateless on a Friday night. At 4:30 pm? I wasn't. My spontaneous date with E turned out better than expected.

The way we met is unconventional to say the least. I was busy facebooking...which has become the usual in my less than invigorating job, when I saw a friend had just posted pictures of himself in Las Vegas at the Nevada Star Ball. It's a ballroom competition and being the dancer I am, I had to check them out. In one of the pictures I saw this really cute guy...and not one to be shy, I made a comment about how good looking he was. I didn't think much of it until yesterday when he sent me a message! We ended up chatting online for awhile and made a date. I met him at Barnes & Noble; from there we went to a party.

We had a great time talking and getting to know each other. When I first saw him, I wasn't sure how it was going to go, and even after talking for awhile I was still a little reserved. As the night ended, we still had things to talk about and I appreciated that.

Last night he text to let me know he was interested in going out again. I really appreciated him being straight forward and open. Even if he wasn't interested, I really think he would have told me- which makes me like him more. So next Tuesday we have a date. I'm not in love with him and I don't quite get butterflies yet, but it will be fun to see what happens.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

E is a good letter. Hope your date tomorrow is fun!

emlizalmo said...

WOOHOO!!! Can't wait to see where things go with this letter. :)

Julie said...

What a great title for this post--is that the goal? To get to Z? I hope for you sake that you get to about H or somewhere in the middle--although I think E sounds good too.