Wednesday, August 27, 2008

3 strikes, you're out!

Unfortunately, things didn't turn out quite like I'd hoped. E and I had 3 dates...but for some reason I just couldn't feel a connection. After realizing I didn't think I was interested romantically; I beat myself up about not being able to have feelings such a great guy. He was sweet and kind, more than I could have asked for.

The biggest hold up I came to terms with, was that he couldn't make me laugh. When I think about the person I want to be with, I envision myself laughing and being able to have funny conversations. This wouldn't have been with case with E. And so, the search continues.

There is actually someone new that I've been talking to more recently. I wont give him as a letter, as they have to be earned by taking me out. But this guy, he could be a prospect. I am however, very weary as he is in an "open" relationship with someone.

Personally, I have a few definite hang ups about what they call an "open" relationship. As I understand it, this relationship allows you date someone specific on more of a long term basis, while dating others as well. I guess I just can't seem to understand how I would be able to trust someone in that type of relationship. To me, this status is just an excuse to keep dating the same person for convenience until you find someone better. I have done things like this in that past, but I didn't give a commitment to anyone but myself. It seems to be just another loop whole for people to avoid the rocky, scary terrain of a complete break up.

I say, if you're willing to get involved in a relationship, you should be willing and brave enough to get out of it if needs be. No sense in wasting your time, or someone else's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FYI. You're going to have to be careful with the semicolins. Also, you meant 'wary,' not 'weary.'