Wednesday, September 3, 2008

All you need is Love.

Today I'm having a really hard time being confident. Confident in the fact that I know who I am and like myself regardless of others opinions. Today I started talking to a guy in my class, but I feel like I made an idiot out of myself. I guess maybe I am feeling a little stuck as far as options go, so in my mind, making a good impression on this guy was really important.

I really wonder if how proactive I am will really determine the outcome. Will I end up with the person I am "meant" to be with regardless of how much I put myself out there or how open I am in meeting new people?

How can I stay positive and really develop a love for the person I have become in spite of rejection? Our interpersonal relationships are our only avenue to how we develop our self esteem. However, I feel in relying too much on other people, I will lose myself to them. Ultimately I need to do the best I can with what I have. The thing that may be the biggest challenge is doing what I know is best for me and making that effort to rise to my potential.

3 comments:

Shanicherie said...

It's definitely worth it to put yourself out there and even pursue! I asked my husband out on our first date and was definitely the pursuer in the relationship the first part of it. Obviously, it worked out for me! I flirted shamelessly with him the first summer we met and nothing happened, but the second summer, I finally got the guts to just ask him out and things were spectacular from there on out! Moral of the story: don't give up on people if they don't respond right away and it IS worth it to put yourself out there if it means the potential for love!

Bailey said...

thanks shannon! you are youre husband are so cute! I still need to send you my email addy so I can read your blog!

Shanicherie said...

I actually un-privatized it so you can read it now!!