Friday, June 20, 2008

A taste of insight.

Normally, I come to this new post page with a title and theme of exactly what I want to write. Today, I do not. I feel an urgency to write for the sake of what is being written as opposed to pleasing an audience I am not sure really even exists.

I think the most valuable thing in life we have is time. When it's lost, we can not get it back. We can not buy it, we can not steal it. My thoughts have often circled on the timing of life and how important it is to what our lives become. Had I not had certain experiences in my life at the exact and precise time I experienced them, they may not have had the impact they were intended to have.

Because time is not tangible, how can I find a way to have faith in it? A common phrase, "Time heals all wounds" is simply a way for us to find hope that someday our lives will become different than they are at the particular moment those words console us.

I want time to agree with me. I want to agree with time. I have always fought for things to come faster than they do, to break barriers of the time at which they are supposed to come. To hell with time.

When I pit myself up against that brick wall of having an ever increasing hate for time, only then do I remember that without its presence, I would not appreciate what it gives me. Time has given me knowledge, hope, faith, love, and virtue. I'll always struggle in an inner battle between patience and a raw passion for my needs to be met when I want.

But maybe in time I will learn to succumb to what matters most. How funny that the thing I despise the most is the only thing that can save me.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Bailey-
This is your long lost friend Jessica VB. I just wanted to tell you that I love reading your blog, I look forward to each new post, and although I am now married, I can relate to everything you have said. We should swap horror stories! I hope things are well, thank you for your wonderful blog!

Bailey said...

Thanks Jess! I enjoy reading yours as well! I've always thought you were such a cute girl...I'm glad we have things like this to keep in touch!!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh this is brilliant!