Wednesday, June 11, 2008

He loves me, He loves me not.

I am a very meticulous person. I have a need for everything in my life to be wrapped up in a perfect little package. I always know who, what, when, where, and how. I don't like risk, change takes time, and most of the time I feel slightly out of control.

I am the worst candidate for love! It's been awhile since I've been absolutely 100% for sure in love. It's something I crave. I have always thought I had this desire because I am in fact a girl, but recently I've learned this need can be attributed to both genders. My problem lies in the fact that there is no time frame for love. Not only do I not have any control as to when I'll meet the person I could possibly fall in love with, but I also don't have any control as to how long it will take me, or him, or any other circumstance that is needed to progress to the aforementioned.

Can I just have a month, a day, and a year? I'll show up and we'll fall in love and I can continue on my life plan without interruption.

I guess a major question that needs to be answered is what is love? I consider love to be a choice. A choice to become involved in another person, to sacrifice yourself for them, to give everything you can even at the expense of your own happiness sometimes. I refuse to believe its all butterflies and rainbows. It isn't easy. But is it worth it?

It will only take 1 person I fall in real love with to show me that its worth it. But what do I do in the mean time? The 50, 100, or 1000 guys I need to go through to get there really don't seem encouraging in my belief and hope that SOMEDAY (this elusive time frame that is not committed to me) I will find it.

In a life where I feel like I can't sit by and watch and wait, where I have such a strong need to be proactive in my choices, can I really just stand by and find some faith? Is falling in love a right as a human being or a privilege? Have I done enough to be deserving? I'm not sure.

1 comment:

Ryan and Tammy said...

Just wait, the second you decide you are going to take a break and do stuff for yourself he will find you and mess up all your plans and send ya spinning! Worth it? TOTALLY. Love you Bay, hope everything is going well.